King Chilli And Its Affinity With Naga National Movement

11:56 Unknown 2 Comments

"Raja Mircha" as it is commonly known in Nagamese, holds so much significance for us Nagas. It is called by many different names in our diverse dialects but that is not all. This humble fruit has also played a part in our journey for Nationhood. Though there are many stories related to this seasoning. I would like to share with you a tale narrated to me by friends who have played a part on our journey to self determination.
Once a lady Naga Army went shopping for vegetables to the market in Dhaka. As she was looking through the wares displayed she was pleasantly surprised to see one of our favourite spices on sale. Curious she asked where they came from and what it was called in Bangla. What the vendor replied surprised and made her proud. It seems in Bangladesh it is known as Naga Morish and is brought from a town called Ali Kadam in the Chittagong hill tracks.
On further inquiries, it was found that this place was called the Alee Command Headquarters in erstwhile east Pakistan. Through time, Alee Command evolved into Ali Kadam. Nevertheless when she inquired who these Nagas were, he said Nagas were a group of warriors from a distant place and were fighting with India for an independent homeland.
And since they bought this chilli to Bangladesh and introduced it to the people of the area it was called Naga Morish and also because Nagas could be as deadly as the chilli named after them that even the Pakistani Army had great respect for their fighting prowess.

Regardless of the authenticity of the story one fact cannot be denied and that is in our quest for a free and united Nagalim, we have gone places and made an impact both good and bad and for that we the present generation will be eternally grateful.
Kuknalim.

2 comments:

  1. How do I recover $222,500. BTC sent to a romance scammer?
    It's possible to get back your money little I know it was a big shock of my life because the company i sent my money to was revealed to be a total scam.
    I contacted the professional and they helped me with the recovery of all my money successfully, you can also contact them for help. They will help you retrieve back your money, I was able to retrieve all my money back through the professional, you can contact them too they are ready to help....

    Email Address: dwchzone@gmail.com

    Whats-App: +1 (803) 392-1735

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Best Cryptocurrency Recovery Hacker I've ever known are Recovery Masters

    Lack of good information is very bad, i'll like to share my experience about crypto theft here and how I got my money recovered. One faithful evening I was going through the internet and I saw a lot of ads about this investment website. I tried to give them a try to gain financial freedom after giving me their contract agreement and all. Along the line they kept their promise until I made a huge deposit to get massive profit. I discovered the website crashed and their support team is not responding to their mails. I was devastated and came on this forum then I found reviews about (dwchzone@gmail.com) I gave this fund recovery hackers a try because I never imagined crypto could be retrieved and they did get my lost funds back completely. I urge you to write to them for help on their email or WhatsApp +1 (803) 392-1735 them.

    ReplyDelete